English Update: Good Manner in English

English Update

If You want to increase your Knowledge about English on daily basis Dont forget to follow the blog,Thanks

Friday 9 May 2014

Good Manner in English


Good Manner in English

In this lesson you will be able to find the difference between Common and Manner Phrases of English.

Common Phrases

1.    Give me your pen.

2.    Give me a glass of water.

3.    What is the time.

4.    Yes, I will drink it.

Manner Phrases

1.    May I have your pen, please?

2.    A glass of water please.

3.    Time, please?

4.    Yes, please.

If you perform these phrases like this, you would be counted in mannered person.

1.    May I borrow your pen, please?

2.    Give me a glass of water, please.

3.    What is the time, please?


Read Some more Phrases

1.    It’s all right.

2.    No mention.

3.    It’s fine.

4.    My pleasure.

5.    Welcome/you’re welcome.

6.    May I come in, please?

7.    I beg your pardon.

8.    With great Pleasure.

No comments: