English Update: Use of Dare and Need

English Update

If You want to increase your Knowledge about English on daily basis Dont forget to follow the blog,Thanks

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Use of Dare and Need

Dare
• It is used to mean have sufficient courage or imprudence to do something:-
(1) He dare not stand up in public.
(2) I dare not ask him a question.
(3) How dare she say such nasty things about me?
(4) How dare you touch my book?
(5) She dare not cross this river.
• It is used to indicate supposition. But it is used with 'say':-
(1) I dare say we shall be late for office.
(2) I dare say they will be in trouble.
(3) I dare say he will help me later.
(4) I dare say you are a foolish person.
(5) I dare say he is not a foreigner.
Note that 'dare say' is used in this way with the first person singular only.


Need
• It is used to indicate an obligation:
(1) Need I go now?
(2) You need not complete that work today.
(3) You need not go there to see her.
(4) You need not worry about that.
(5) You need not stay here any longer.


Don't forget to share this information with others. 

No comments: